Are you practically minded? Do you enjoy being creative, and do you have a vision for the buildings and cityscapes of the future? Our Architectural Technology degree could help you on your way towards a dynamic and fulfilling career. You’ll have the chance to gain a thorough understanding of construction and develop some sought-after skills too. By responding to the complex needs of building users and the demands of climate and location, architectural technologists have a profoundly important role in creating beautiful and sustainable buildings. On this course you will be:
- Joining a fully accredited course by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists. We've a strong track record of developing graduates who are highly employable and ready for a career in a rapidly changing, varied and diverse occupation.
- Developing your design skills and technical know-how in relation to both traditional and new technologies, and you'll develop expertise in using the communication technologies that are central to working in the construction industry, such as Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modelling (BIM). You'll also gain the skills to become a creative designer, capable of managing the progress of a construction project.
- Exploring the subject area both academically and practically, with a strong emphasis on enterprise and continuing professional development. You'll be well placed to progress in your professional career in a range of architectural and construction-related areas, as well as being prepared for further academic study and research at a higher level.
Year 1 Core modules: Construction Business Environmental Science and Services Introduction to Digital Technology in Construction Digital Design 1 Technology 1: An Introduction to Architectural Technology Year 2 Core modules: Collaborative Project Technology 2: Integrated Technology Digital Design 2 Applied Architectural Technology 2 Year 3 - optional placement year School of Art and Design Placement Final Year Core modules: Professional Practice Building Inspection Sustainable Design and Construction Major Project Dissertation Digital Design 3
Your module specification/course handbook will provide full details of the assessment criteria applying to your course. You will be taught through a series of lectures and tutorials and your assessment will include coursework, presentations and exams.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Architectural Technologists, Chartered Institute of
- Building Engineers, Chartered Association of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages - https://www.hud.ac.uk/international/where-are-you-from/ Read our guidance on developing your portfolio and what to expect from your interview - https://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/how-to-apply/interviews/ Other suitable experience or qualifications will be considered. For further information please see the University's minimum entry requirements.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Please see our website for full details of the scholarship http://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/
University of Huddersfield
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
School of Art, Design and Architecture - Architecture and 3D Design
+44 (0)1484 472281
Student Recruitment Team
+44 (0)1484 472625