Are you practically minded? Do you enjoy being creative, and do you have a vision for the buildings and cityscapes of the future? Our Architectural Technology course could help you on your way towards a dynamic and fulfilling career. You’ll have the chance to gain a thorough understanding of construction construction techniques and architectural detailing. The aim is for you to be able to apply your expertise in architectural technologies to the design of cost-efficient and sustainable buildings. Why study Architectural Technology?
- Develop the skills to become a creative designer, capable of managing the progress of a construction project, whilst understanding the materials, components, structural systems and environments behind the world’s best buildings.
- We’ll support you to develop expertise in using the communication technologies central to working in the construction industry, such as Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Information Modelling (BIM).
- Explore the subject both academically and practically, with a strong emphasis on enterprise and continuing professional development. You'll be well placed to progress in your professional career in a range of architectural and construction-related areas, as well as being prepared for further academic study and research at a higher level.
- The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists and the Chartered Association of Building Engineers. We've a strong track record of developing graduates who are highly employable and ready for a career in a rapidly changing, varied and diverse occupation.
Year 1 Core modules: Construction Business Architectural Technology Environmental Science and Services Digital Technology 1 Applied Architectural Technology 1 Technology 1: An Introduction to Architectural Technology Year 2 Core modules: Collaborative Project Architectural Technology Technology 2: Integrated Technology Digital Technology 2 Applied Architectural Technology 2 Year 3 - optional placement year Final Year Core modules: Professional Practice Building Inspection Sustainable Design and Construction Major Project Dissertation Digital Technology 3
You will be taught through a series of lectures and tutorials and your assessment will include coursework, presentations and exams.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Architectural Technologists, Chartered Institute of
- Building Engineers, Chartered Association of
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
Republic of Ireland
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Read our guidance on developing your portfolio and what to expect from your interview - https://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/how-to-apply/interviews/ Other suitable experience or qualifications will be considered. For further information please see the University's minimum entry requirements.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
English language requirements
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable.
Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our 'Where are you from?' information pages.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
Please see our website for more information - http://www.hud.ac.uk/undergraduate/fees-and-finance/undergraduate-scholarships/
University of Huddersfield
Clearing contact detailsClearing places available at Huddersfield Uni
General Clearing for Applicants
Clearing Phone Line Opening Times: Thursday 18 August - 8.00am to 7.00pm Friday 19 August - 9.00am to 5.00pm Saturday 20 August - 10.00am to 3.00pm Sunday 21 August - closed Monday 22 August to Thursday 25 August - 9.00am to 5.00pm Friday 26 August: 09.00am to 4.00pm
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
School of Arts and Humanities - Admissions
+44 (0)1484 257695
Student Recruitment Team
+44 (0)1484 472625