Study our exciting new MA Design, where you'll focus on research methods, inclusion and diversity in design. It's taught by a globally renowned team from across the creative industries. This MA Design is an innovative multidisciplinary programme with two endorsements (MA Spatial Design, MA Design Diplomacy). We focus on ideas and practices that use methods such as co-design to explore how design diversity can empower practice and generate research in new and exciting ways. This Master's in Design also questions whether our design processes can amplify, diversify, and mobilise people - critically engaging with its own processes of world building. We'll expand on current and future understanding of how to design inclusively from a variety of disciplines to answer crucial philosophical and practice-related questions. What you should know about this course
- The course promotes and embeds the application and effective use of digital technologies into learning through design practice and research.
- You have the option to pursue our main MA Design or one of our two specialist endorsements: MA Spatial Design or MA Design Diplomacy.
- You will gain technical skills, including core front-end and back-end technologies and the principles of design.
- You will extend the range of design-centred work experience and entrepreneurship activities.
- You'll become familiar with the growing and fast-evolving body of knowledge within the discipline of design, especially Design Diversity and Inclusion.
If you wish to find out more about module information please visit our website.
Each course has formal summative assessments which count towards your final grade. Portfolio submission and oral presentations will be used for practice-based courses. Written essays will also form a portion of your degree. Throughout the year you will receive formative feedback through group critiques and one-to-one tutorials. These will help you monitor progress and do not count towards your final grade.
You should have an undergraduate degree at 2:2 or above in a relevant subject. You will need to submit a digital portfolio of your work and provide a personal statement and academic/professional references indicating your suitability for the course. Suitable applicants will be invited to an interview. For more information, contact [email protected] or 020 8331 9000.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9000||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Greenwich
Old Royal Naval College
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
020 8331 9000