Overview At Worcester you can study forensic science alongside the biological aspects that underpin it, deepening your understanding and enhancing your employment prospects. With the forensic content you can learn 'what' to do, but with the addition of biology you will also learn 'how' and 'why', thus gaining a more rounded body of knowledge highly valued by employers. All of the modules are interactive and give you all important experience of applying theory in real world practical sessions. Students are taught and supported in comparatively small groups by experts in their field. Key features
- Our Forensic and Applied Biology BSc course is ranked 18th out of all Forensic Science courses across the country
- Accredited by the Chartered Society of Forensic Sciences. The first undergraduate degree in the country to be accredited with them for the Forensic Archaeology Component Standard
- Excellent facilities including research labs, crime scene simulation house, geophysical equipment for detecting concealed burials and crime scene investigation kits
- Strong industry links with West Mercia and Warwickshire police, and the Severn Area Rescue Association
- Highly experienced staff with over 100 years combined experience in the field, giving you access to realistic scenes and real cases
- Graduates successfully compete for both biological and forensic careers
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.