This is an excellent course which offers superb preparation for a career in international tourism and/or hospitality management. It builds on strong academic foundations by providing exciting opportunities to engage with employers and events in industry. Reputation The Guardian University Guide 2019 ranked Coventry University number 4 in the UK for tourism and hospitality studies. That is why our course is widely recognised and highly valued by employers in these industries, and it is why our graduates are in demand. Real business We work hard to deliver a real business experience. That means plenty of opportunities for practical exposure outside the classroom, such as work placements, field trips and visits to trade events. Within the classroom, it means real-world case studies, live projects with employers, and business simulations. Previous students have been recipients of the Ritz Endorsement Award following an internship opportunity. Tutors This course is designed and delivered by knowledgeable, helpful tutors who have worked for and with some of the biggest names in industry. Their careers span top international hotel groups, travel agencies and international tour-planning companies. They have worked in Europe, Asia and the USA, and undertaken consultancy work for international travel and hospitality businesses. Your tutors will continually draw on this broad experience to illustrate your learning. Internationalisation Every possible aspect of this course has been internationalised, so you will always embed your learning in the global context. We aim to provide opportunities to travel overseas for visits, work experience and/or study. There may also be projects which connect you with overseas employers and universities for group debates and discussions via Skype. Plus, you will have the opportunity to study amongst an international cohort, who will be encouraged to share perspectives from their home countries. Placements Practical work experience is highly valued by employers in tourism and hospitality, so you will have opportunities for internships lasting a year and/or a term, as well as the chance to work on live client briefs. You will also be encouraged to work part-time in industry while studying, and to undertake relevant employment during university vacations. Key Course Benefits;
- You will have opportunities for study visits to leading businesses, events and exhibitions in the UK and overseas.
- Internships, and the chance to network with employers during your course, could lead to employment offers when you graduate.
- Central London offers a fantastic place in which to study, with some of the world’s leading hotels, tour operators, airports and attractions right on your doorstep.
- Your tutors have all come from industry, where they gained extensive international management experience. This enables them to contextualise the theory they teach.
- You will benefit from a small student cohort, with lots of opportunities for individual contact and personalised learning. You and your tutors will get to know each other well.
- Career-oriented activities will help you learn to make effective job applications and to present yourself well in writing (on your CV) and in person (at interview or a networking event).
- Besides your industry-specific skills, this course will also develop your ‘softer’ skills – such as self-reliance; interpersonal, leadership and communication skills; logical approaches to work; creative problem-solving; and business acumen. These are highly transferable across all industries, and would be useful if you decide to branch out into other sectors.
Your main study themes are: Internationalisation Many businesses are multi-national; they employ globally diverse teams; and you might work anywhere in the world. Professionalism Everything you learn will be embedded in the latest management practice, and you will even learn consulting skills. Operations Learn to organise a huge range of complex resources (from people to places) while delivering a profit. Marketing Explore how to identify, service and communicate with a range of consumers at every level of the market. For more information about what you will study, please visit our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
All applications are considered on an individual basis and the whole application is reviewed which includes previous and predicted qualifications, experience, reference and your motivation to study the course. The University also accepts the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Certificate/BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and BTEC Level 3 National Diploma/BTEC Level 3 Diploma for entry onto degree programmes, provided that they are studied in combination with other qualifications that are equivalent to three A2 Levels. This may include subject specific requirements where necessary.
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact details
Recruitment and Admissions
Thursday 13th and Friday 14th August - 07:00 - 19:00 Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th August - 10:00 - 16:00 Monday 19th August onwards - 8:30 - 17:00