Overview In today's world of multimedia communication, film makers and screenwriters work together in an unprecedented variety of contexts. To study Film Production and Screenwriting as a joint honours degree is therefore full of possibility and could lead to an innovative, interdisciplinary final year project that draws all your interests together. Both subject areas nurture your creative development alongside craft and digital skills that are highly prized by 21st century employers. Film Production and Screenwriting is led and taught by experienced film makers and screenwriters, industry practitioners and academics, and student performance is assessed entirely by course work. Studying these subject areas in combination could be right for you if your creative interests span working in moving image and other media contexts, and if your curiosity is fired by the creative possibilities of 21st century communication. Key features
- High academic standards with an emphasis on critical evaluation, research skills and reflective practice
- The course offers high quality, well-resourced specialist learning and teaching facilities, and a rounded education with the opportunity to specialise
- Become part of a vibrant creative community
- Regular work experience and networking opportunities
- Innovative approach, with modules on craft and voice, creativity and collaboration and professionalism and employment
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
Additional entry requirements
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.