This course will help you develop key intellectual and practical skills to meet and exceed current industry practices and expectations. Studying cinematography allows you to orchestrate camera, lens, lights, and motion to create visual aesthetics. Why study MA Cinematography for Film and Television at BU?
- Study specialist production units, providing you with an environment to develop creative, technical, digital camera and lighting, narrative storytelling, and collaborative skills
- Become actively involved in BU research or use your expertise to suggest new avenues for us to explore
- Through collaborative and individual production you’ll build a strong and distinctive showreel, which you will use as your calling card to the industry
- Take advantage of opportunities with RedBalloon, an award-winning professional production unit based in the Faculty of Media and Communication
- Benefit from regular guest lectures from industry professionals and take part in camera masterclasses including Arri, Canon, Panasonic, Sony, Red, Phantom HS and Olympus HS.
Approaches to Cinematography; Storytelling; Exploring Cinematography; Approaches to Industry; Media Production Masters Project
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.5 (Academic) with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
Additional fee information