A Degree with a Foundation Year gives you guaranteed entry to an Undergraduate course. Whether you’re returning to learning and require additional help and support to up-skill, or if you didn’t quite meet the grades to pursue an Undergraduate course, our Degrees with Foundation Year provide a fantastic entry route for you to work towards a degree level qualification. With our guidance and support you’ll get up to speed within one year, and will be ready to seamlessly progress on to undergraduate study at Bedfordshire. The Foundation Year provides an opportunity to build up your academic writing skills and numeracy, and will also cover a range of subject specific content to fully prepare you for entry to an Undergraduate degree. This is an integrated four-year degree, with the foundation year as a key part of the course. You will need to successfully complete the Foundation Year to progress on to the first year of your bachelor’s degree. Why study a degree with a Foundation Year?
- Broad-based yet enough depth to give you credible vocational skills
- Coverage of a variety of areas typically delivered by an expert in this area
- Gain an understanding of a subject before choosing which route you wish to specialise in
- Great introduction to further study, and guaranteed progression on to one of our Undergraduate degrees
- The degrees offering a Foundation Year provide excellent preparation for your future studies.
• Accounting For Business (AAF016-1) Compulsory • Foundations Of Business Communication (BBS003-1) Compulsory • Foundations Of Business Management (BBS013-1) Compulsory • Intercultural Competence In Business (MAR013-1) Compulsory • Law For Business Managers (LAW011-1) Compulsory • Principles Of Marketing (MAR001-1) Compulsory • Economics For Business (AAF036-2) Compulsory • Entrepreneurship And Leadership Of Business Ventures (BSS018-2) Compulsory • Human Resource Management (SHR018-2) Compulsory • Intercultural Management In Business (MAR015-2) Optional • Managerial Accounting And Finance (AAF037-2) Optional • Marketing Planning (MAR002-2) Optional • Sustainable Business Management (BSS017-2) Optional • International Business Management (BSS044-3) Compulsory • Research Methods In Business Practice (BSS057-3) Compulsory • Specialist Project (Business Management) (BSS045-3) Compulsory • Strategy And Change Management (BSS013-3) Compulsory • Digital Business Management (BSS041-3) Optional • Management And Administration Of Operations (BSS042-3) Optional Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
Assessment takes a variety of forms, including essays and reports, portfolios, individual and group presentations (individually assessed), research proposals and exams. Many of the assessments tend to be focused on employability thus tend to be based on real case studies, project work, and other employability focused activities. Most units include elements of individual and group work to reflect the type of work undertaken in business and management. Assessment focuses on tasks that develop vocational skills, underpinned by subject knowledge, requiring higher levels of cognition in the later years of the course. Assessment becomes more nuanced and more demanding in Levels 5 & 6 with the expectation that students will be increasingly able to create their own subject specific knowledge.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course