Ignite your creativity as you generate new ideas in an increasingly visual world. This course will enable you to showcase your design skills to industry. Develop your own creative approach to the study and practice of graphic design. You’ll work on a combination of brief-led and self-initiated projects. As part of this course, you’ll:
- Explore a wide spectrum of disciplines including design for print, illustration, photography, typography, animation and moving image
- Undertake national and international competition briefs which are externally assessed by industry professionals and academics
- Discover your strengths and develop your individual style
- Have the opportunity to gain professional mentoring from visiting practitioners from diverse fields of communication design
- Engage with organised studio visits alongside external exhibitions and events
- Showcase your projects to the public and impress industry by exhibiting your work at the end of your final year
- Drive your own learning and set your own targets, as you would in the workplace
- Harvey Nichols
- The BBC
- Leeds Art Gallery
- The NHS
- 100% of students on BA (Hons) Graphic Design were positive about the way teaching staff explain things*
- Our close links to industry and creative businesses will create multidisciplinary internship and placement opportunities
- Tutors with extensive experience as active practitioners will share their knowledge and professional contacts
- Study within one of the largest university arts communities in the north
- Leeds' thriving creative sector provides countless opportunities for graphic design graduates
Year 1 Core Modules:
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Contextual & Historical Studies
- Graphic Design Processes
- Graphic Design Projects (Fundamentals)
- Visual Literacy
- Specialist Graphic Design Projects 1 (Typography)
- Critical & Professional Study
- Specialist Graphic Design Projects 2 (Technologies)
- Negotiated Graphic Design Projects
- Key Debates in Graphic Design & Cultural Contexts
- Negotiated Studio Practice & Critical Study
- Extended Studio Practice & Critical Study
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- City CampusC
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We conduct interviews as part of the admissions process and suitable applicants will be invited to an interview. At interview you are assessed on your portfolio (artwork or photographs of artwork together with written assignments), general knowledge and your enthusiasm for art.
Additional entry requirements
We conduct interviews as part of the admissions process and suitable applicants will be invited to an interview - interview dates will be published in due course. Invitations are sent via UCAS and you should check your UCAS Track account for further interview details.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|