Our Medicine Maxfax Entry Programme MBBS is a four-year medical degree designed specifically for qualified dentists who are registered with the UK General Dental Council and who wish to pursue a career in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Key benefits
- Integrated medical science with clinical teaching and focus on learning in close contact with patients
- Partner hospitals include Guy’s, King’s College and St Thomas’ Hospitals – three of the most renowned and busiest teaching hospitals in London.
- In addition, students benefit from clinical placements at district general hospitals located across the south east of England and over 350 general practices.
- Learn from some of the world’s most influential clinicians and scientists, who are global leaders in life sciences and medical research.
- A multi-faculty university giving you access to a breadth of non-core subjects including humanities and social sciences.
- Twinned with leading medical schools around the world, providing opportunities for clinical exchanges during your elective module.
- Accredited by the General Medical Council (GMC), this Primary Medical Qualification entitles the holder to apply to the GMC for registration to practise medicine in the UK.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- General Medical Council
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Applicants must be qualified dentists registered with the UK General Dental Council wishing to pursue a career in oral and maxillofacial surgery. Applicants are selected for interview based on their personal statement, experience to date, and qualifications already achieved. Interviews are held with a standard panel of dental and medical staff. For information regarding entry requirements, please visit the online prospectus. Applicants are not required to take the UCAT.
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|