Aligned with the current and future needs of the construction industry, this innovative MSc will equip you with advanced knowledge and skills in Building Information Modelling (BIM) theory, practice and technologies. We’re a CIAT (Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists) Centre of Excellence.
- This course is accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Study a CIAT accredited course at a university which is one of only four CIAT Centres of Excellence in the UK
- Choose a course specifically designed for architects, architectural technologists, design managers, project managers, civil/structural engineers, surveyors and other construction professionals with a keen interest in BIM
- Learn how to deliver better value through integrated design and project collaboration
- Draw on our extensive industrial links and the expertise of our research-active and highly experienced staff
- Hone your skills using project collaboration simulation scenarios based on real-world practices
Modules include: research methods, application and evaluation; BIM and integrated project collaboration; BIM costing, project planning and design management); advanced modelling, customisation and visualisation; BIM and sustainable design analysis; advanced parametric design and specification; project planning, value engineering and risk management; construction contracts and dispute resolution; sustainable architecture and low energy design; negotiated module; independent scholarship (technology).
We adopt a variety of assessment methods, including a combination of coursework and live project collaboration, assignments, exhibitions, graphic and oral presentations. To gain Autodesk Certification, you will need to undertake an exam.
You will require: A minimum of a 2:2 undergraduate degree in architectural, construction or other built environment, or a professional qualification of equal standing, or significant practical or professional experience that would support your application. If English is not your first language you will need to demonstrate proficiency in English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent). If you don't have a relevant degree, applicants from non-traditional backgrounds are welcome and will be accepted subject to successful interview and relevant work experience.
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Derby
Course contact detailsVisit our course page