What makes Creative Writing and Media & Film Studies at Worcester special? Combining Creative Writing and Media & Film Studies creates a unique opportunity to explore storytelling across multiple mediums. Develop your skills as a writer across different genres and forms, such as poetry, prose, and media writing, and cultivate your critical thinking abilities through analysis of media and film case studies. At Worcester, we introduce you to the professional techniques and technologies currently used in industry to help prepare you for careers in areas such as copywriting, media research, and public relations. Key features
- Teaching from professionals who are experts in their academic fields
- Opportunities to explore a range of different writing styles and platforms that are relevant to the contemporary ways in which writers communicate and showcase their creativity
- Provides valuable insight into the professional creative industry by participating in work placement opportunities, attending guest speaker events, volunteering, short internships and collaborations
- Interactive, investigative learning environments where critical understanding is developed through debate, creative problem solving and evaluating your own opinions, experiences and identity
- Dynamic curriculum informed by the very latest research innovations in creative writing, the media and film industries and associated contemporary cultural issues
- The University of Worcester has been ranked in the top 5 in the UK for Quality Education in the Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings every year since its inception in 2019. The University has also been ranked in the top 5 in the UK for Gender Equality in all years of the rankings and currently holds the number one spot (2023).
- Worcester rose to become the number one English university (excluding specialist institutions) for sustained employment, further study, or both, three and five years after graduation in the 2022 Government-published Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey, having been in the top 10 in 2020 and 2021. 96% of our graduates are in work or further study 15 months after graduating (Graduate Outcomes Survey 2022).
- Worcester is a leader in sustainability and has been awarded First Class Honours in the People and Planet Green League each and every year since 2009. In 2019, the University was named Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards and was Highly Commended in the global awards at the UN.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course