The Executive MBA qualification has been designed for candidates desiring to become effective, responsible business leaders in an increasingly global, complex and technology-driven world. This course is not for people who like to sit still. It is fast-moving, interactive and you will be challenged throughout to raise your business, management and leadership expertise. You will explore what it means to develop a leadership mentality as well as explore leadership and management theories. Your leadership thinking will be challenged, you will engage with real businesses and develop purposeful, strategic leadership and business management thinking and skills. COURSE OVERVIEW The Executive MBA offers a mix of on-campus learning and blended online delivery, and is designed to engage learners in highly interactive group dynamic learning as well as in thorough academic inquiry. The outlook of the content is global, andis designed against an array of global leadership thinking yet offers a strong focus on local / regional realities. You will examine a wide range of scenarios and case studies,and examine and reflect on and analyse your organisational and sector context. This will link to regular work based learning and self-directed study. The programme encourages a high degree of critical thinking and inquiry as well as the freedom to question theories and concepts presented. Modules are designed to create a mix of fast-paced interactive learning in groups, as well as more reflective, methodological learning to equip learners with the leadership and management tools they need to grow in their ability to impact their business environment effectively as well as and pursue personal growth. The University of Cumbria has strong partnerships with industry, and these links have informed and strengthened the course content and ensured its relevance and currency. ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL...
- Develop critical reflection skills and engagement with organisational and professional theory to understand, and where appropriate, challenge existing individual and organisational perspectives and practice.
- Develop, and where appropriate, apply innovation, entrepreneurial and design thinking.
- Analyse and use data and current technologies to support leadership decisions and organisational improvement, change and business continuity.
- Identify, develop and implement solutions to current issues such as the growing need to better manage supply chain as well as create more effective talent acquisition and retention solutions.
- Develop particular expertise and understanding in the fields of global yet locally applied leadership.
- Engage in individual research and demonstrate the ability to understand and apply management theory.
- LEAD | Purposeful Leadership
- INNOVATE | Entrepreneurial Leadership & Innovation
- COLLABORATE | Influential Leadership
- DELIVER | Performance Leadership
- EXPAND | Data-driven Leadership
- IMPACT | The Leader as coach and consultant, change catalyst
Assessments are set in a combination of written and verbal assessments, including client interaction. The course concludes with a thesis. You then have the option to progress on to the DBA.
A bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum of 7 years’ work experience.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£12275||Year 1|