- Our BA (Hons) Accounting and Business course, based at our Burnley Campus, offers you the opportunity to gain a solid grounding in accounting, and an understanding of the other aspects of the business environment.
- This course gives you the opportunity to specialise in two disciplines, providing you with a greater career choice and a range of highly transferable skills. You’ll be based at our Burnley Campus in Pennine Lancashire, where you’ll benefit from small class sizes and a friendly, supportive learning environment.
- If you’re interested in a financial career within the accountancy profession, industry or commerce, you’ll gain a sound understanding of accounting and financial studies. It would also be of interest to those seeking a broader career in a business enterprise working in operations, management and business development with a strong understanding of financial management that drives business strategy and decisions.
- You’ll learn the skills necessary to interpret financial information and make management decisions in a wide range of business situations.
- Accounting at the University is 1st in the UK for learning opportunities and 1st in the North West for teaching quality - National Student Survey (NSS) 2019.
- Gain valuable insight into the nature of the accounting process and its varied applications in business, including subjects that are fundamental to understanding an enterprise’s financial position.
- The programme recognises the challenges and limitations encountered by placing excessive reliance upon financial information in decision-making, acknowledging the subjectivity and flexibility needed in best practice.
Year 1 • AC1100 Introduction to Financial Accounting • AC1200 Introduction to Management Accounting • AC1300 Information Systems & the Business Environment • HR1025 The Functions of Business • HR1026 Business and Management Project •Year 2 • AC2110 Financial Accounting for Managers • AC2210 Management Accounting Techniques • MD2135 Operations and Research • HR2046 The Business Landscape • Optional Modules choose from either • AC2420 Finance for Managers in Business • HR2047 The Business Professional (for students who intend to opt for placement year) • Compulsory Modules for Students on Work Placement Year • MD3004 Work Placement • Compulsory Modules for Students on International Study Year • BC3008 International Study • Year 3 • AC3110 Financial Reporting for Managers • AC3210 Decision Making for Business • MD3135 Business Strategy • HR3065 Leadership and Management • HR3064 Management Project
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|