The Derby LLM LPC equips you with a masters qualification and includes the Legal Practice Course (LPC) needed for professional practice as a Solicitor. You'll gain the in-depth legal knowledge, commercial awareness and practical skills that employers are seeking.
- Tailor your LLM LPC to suit your own professional interests by choosing from a range of electives, including Advanced Criminal Litigation, Clinical Negligence and Personal Injury, Commercial Law, Commercial Litigation, Commercial Property, Employment Law, Family Law and Practice and Private Client (Estate Planning)
- Professional facilities including mock courtroom and interview suites, enabling you to improve your vocational skills and make the transition from graduate to lawyer
- A flexible course enabling you to meet other commitments; 2 days attendance per week full-time or 1 day per week part-time and flexibility over when you sit your assessments
- Excellent pastoral care, careers advice and opportunities - increase your chances of gaining a training contract via our Professional Mentoring Scheme and our influential network of contacts within the legal profession
- Learn from a high calibre, enthusiastic teaching team made up of experienced local practitioners
- Volunteering opportunities as a student legal advisor in our Student Legal Advice Centre (SLAC)
The Derby LLM LPC is highly practical and is both knowledge and skills based. In accordance with the requirements of the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA), the LLM LPC is divided into three stages.
Most assessments are written but there are also skills assessments. The nature of assessments is largely determined by the SRA, but we do offer students a choice of when to take their assessments. Full details are set out in the Student Handbook
This course is for those wishing to become a solicitor. It is the second stage of your path towards qualification after your qualifying law degree. The course is based on work-related skills and introduces you to the vocational skills of legal practice. Whether you aspire to work in a city or commercial practice, a high-street or niche practice, or in-house, our LLM LPC provides an excellent foundation for your future career in law. You will need: A Qualifying Law degree (2.2 or above) Graduate Diploma in Law/CPE with an undergraduate degree (2.2 or above) Overseas students will also need: A minimum IELTS 7.5 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all components
Fees and funding
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Derby
Course contact detailsVisit our course page