Course overview Want to work in the growing health and social care sector? Our FdA Health and Social Care (Foundation Entry) is a great option and a stepping stone to other studies too. Why study with us
- You will have the opportunity for international travel and work experience, including volunteering experience in countries such as Zambia and Kenya.
- This course can lead to studying Social Work, Community and Social Care, Nursing, Midwifery, Physiotherapy, Operating Department Practice and Sports Therapy.
- Simulated learning experience is provided for health students within contemporary skills laboratories including a community flat and counselling and consultation rooms.
- You’ll complete two practice placement modules to apply your skills and knowledge in an area of practice that interests you.
- Examine the theoretical concept of reflective practice and apply system-based knowledge of anatomy and physiology to practice.
- You’ll develop and enhance your self-awareness and interpersonal skills alongside gaining an insight into the importance of evidence-based practice within Health and Social Care.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
Republic of Ireland
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
English Language Requirements for International and EU Applicants; IELTS Score of 7.0 with no component mark less than 7.0 taken within the two years prior to the course start date
Additional entry requirements
A Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland) is required for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£6500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£6500||Year 1|
Additional fee information
University of Central Lancashire
Clearing contact details
UCLan Course Enquiries
Course contact detailsVisit our course page