Are you ready to unlock your entrepreneurial spirit and make your business dreams a reality? This exciting degree is designed to equip you with all the skills and knowledge you need to run your own business from inception to implementation. Beginning with the principles of Business Management, you’ll consider how finance, socio-economic factors, politics, geography, language and culture all influence business. Study entrepreneurship as a pathway of your BA Business Management which will give you solid understanding of the dynamic field of business and enhance your chances of success as an entrepreneur. You’ve also got the option of tailoring your study of entrepreneurship by taking minors from other leading academic disciplines. The vibrancy of London provides the ideal backdrop to study this subject – it’s the home of big business and entrepreneurial start-ups. Taught by lecturers who are experts in their field, this programme also features entrepreneurs as guest speakers, while visits to organisations and events extend your perspective and creativity. An internship which counts towards your degree is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your entrepreneurship skills and improve your career options. You will have the opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial spirit through Matrix, a multi-disciplinary platform for students to seek guidance, test their ideas and develop their curiosity of launching their own business. Matrix has a core team including faculty, students, staff and alumni organising events and workshops for current Richmond students. On completing this programme, students will be able to apply for four exemptions (all certificate level) from The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the world’s largest professional body of management accountants, entering into their Operational Level. Like our other undergraduate programmes at Richmond, this BA is based on the American liberal arts tradition, which helps broaden perspective and develops practical skills which are highly appealing to future employers in a global economy. Top reasons to study this programme:
- Learn within the flexible Liberal Arts framework. Choose your own path – find out more about the Liberal Arts - https://www.richmond.ac.uk/about-richmond/the-liberal-arts/
- Equips you with the ability to understand all the aspects of business management from start-ups to multinationals
- Opportunity to tailor your study of Entrepreneurship by taking minors from a wide range of academic disciplines
- You will learn to develop an entrepreneurial mindset to help you grow as an entrepreneur or an entrepreneur, enhancing your opportunities to develop in start-ups and large multinationals
- Acquire substantial business acumen, alongside developing your leadership potential and strategies to grow a business from a start-up into a globally recognised company
- Option to benefit from practical working experience through an internship in a leading entrepreneurial business in London or anywhere else in the world
- Work on specific projects and research that will facilitate your entry to global entrepreneurial and tech industries
We offer 4-year Liberal Arts and Business BA degrees. Students entering with A levels or other level 3 qualifications usually gain exemptions from courses in the Richmond Core Curriculum which can mean that you should be able to complete your degree in less than four academic years. The interdisciplinary Liberal Arts approach offers not just breadth but also depth of study and encourages students to make sounds judgments and think independently. A Liberal Arts education is one which encourages you to explore a wide range of subjects and programmes. It reaches across disciplines, building connections between different academic areas such as literature, science, mathematics, writing, business and psychology. Upon entry to Richmond University all students study the Liberal Arts Core Curriculum before specialising in their chosen field.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Chiswick Park Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|