Overview Our Biomedical Science degree is at the forefront of understanding, diagnosing and treating human disease through laboratory and scientific investigations. Qualified biomedical scientists are highly sought after in pathology centres, forensic science laboratories, research institutions and in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries. You'll gain the scientific and practical knowledge and skills to diagnose disease, evaluate disease progression and the effectiveness of medical interventions. Investigating potential treatments, researching drug and equipment development, testing emergency blood transfusions and screening for diseases are just a few examples. Our teaching staff have an excellent research portfolio, which includes working in NHS diagnostic pathology laboratories. The team place a strong emphasis on biomedical diagnostics, so research opportunities will be available throughout the course. Key features
- Accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science (IBMS)
- Professional links give you the chance to put theory into practice through projects linked to the NHS and the wider industry of biomedical science
- Brand new laboratories and specialist equipment - an inspiring environment for you to gain practical skills and to develop your research ideas
- Taught by internationally recognised scientists
- Strong emphasis on practical and laboratory work
- 20th for student experience and 23rd for teaching quality in the 2022 Sunday Times Good University Guide
- Shortlisted for Times Higher Education’s University of the Year in 2016, 2019 and 2020
- Top 3 in the UK for Quality Education in the 2019, 2020 and 2021 Times Higher Education’s University Impact Rankings
- Sustainability Institution of the Year in the Green Gown Awards 2019
- Top 10 for Sustained Employment - Longitudinal Educational Outcomes survey (2017)
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Biomedical Science, Institute of
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.