Become an expert in how the cultural and creative industries operate, the ways in which media shapes our lives and how we, in turn, influence the media and creative sectors. On our flexible Culture, Media & Creative Industries BA, you’ll study a huge variety of topics - from film, music, games and immersive technologies to theatres, museums, heritage, contemporary art and more. With a strong focus on your professional development, studying this degree will provide you with a springboard into careers across the cultural sector.
- Unique course: The only degree in the UK that combines culture, media and creative industries within one course
- Strong focus on careers: You’ll gain practical and transferable skills to prepare you for careers in the cultural, creative, media and digital sectors.
- Variety: Modules cover diverse subjects from fashion, Virtual Reality or computer games to arts management and contemporary art.
- Study what you love: This is a flexible degree and you’ll be able to specialise in areas including cultural studies, media studies or creative industries or combine all three.
- Cross discipline skills: Our BA draws on Cultural Geography, Cultural Studies, Film Studies, Gender Studies, Heritage/Museum Studies, History, Media & Communication Studies, Memory Studies, Music, Policy, and Sociology.
- Modern & Relevant: You’ll apply concepts to real-world examples, work on industry-facing live-briefs and explore media and arts management and cultural policy.
- London partners: Located at the heart of London’s arts and media industries, you’ll also enjoy links with our numerous partners in the arts, cultural and media industries.
- Taught by a range of experts Taught in a department rated number one in the UK for the power and reputation of its research which feeds in to our teaching on the course.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications at this time. Please contact the provider to find out more.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Required subjects: None Preferred subjects: None
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||7.0 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill|
|PTE Academic||69 overall with a minimum of 62 in each skill|
|TOEFL (iBT)||100 overall with a minimum of 25 in writing and 23 in each of the other skills|
|Cambridge English Advanced||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Cambridge English Proficiency||185 overall with a minimum of 176 in each skill|
|Trinity ISE||Level III (ISEIII) with merit in each skill|
|Institution's Own Test||Pass the King's Pre-Sessional English Language Programme with Band 7|
We also accept a number of English language tests taken as part of school-level qualifications. For more details, please see our website. Please note that the course requirements are under Band B.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
King's College London, University of London
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
King's Admissions Office
+44 (0) 20 7123 4843