IT has never been so important to the strategic, operational and tactical needs of international business. This course responds to the growing market demand for graduates skilled in this area. This course will help you take advantage of the entrepreneurial opportunities available in this area, and offers a thorough grounding in modern information tools, enhanced by study of advanced management and engineering techniques. A particularly significant element of the course focuses on the use of information systems for business analysis and intelligence. Students will gain understanding of information and organisation structures in a business as well as skills of using existing software required for designing and developing information systems. Students will also obtain skills and the ability to interact with business analysts, computer programmers, and software engineers. Graduates are expected to be able to obtain knowledge and understanding of Business Processes and their applications. Foundation Year In the foundation year you will study three days per week. The focus will be on academic writing skills and numeracy, plus subject-specific content to fully prepare you for entry to an Undergraduate degree. The course has been designed to develop your skills and to prepare you for entry onto the first year of your chosen course. It provides a balance between content related to your chosen subject and the range of wider skills required for undergraduate study. This is an integrated four-year degree, with the foundation year as a key part of the course. You will be required to pass the foundation year in order to progress to the first year of your bachelor’s degree. This course is ideal for those who do not meet our standard entry requirements or those with a non-standard educational background. It will allow you to graduate with a full undergraduate degree in your chosen subject in four years. Why choose this course?
- Learn how IT plays an essential role in supporting the strategic, operational and tactical needs of domestic and international business
- Study the importance of IT systems to business analysis and intelligence
- Develop your knowledge of system analysis and design, modern database practices, decision support systems and data mining
- Gain a thorough understanding of project, finance and virtual management techniques
- Explore the entrepreneurial possibilities of IT, and discover how the needs of business can offer an enormous range of opportunities
- Challenge your preconceptions of what makes a business successful, and refocus your ambition
- Benefit from a series of talks and guidance offered by inspirational speakers and leaders from a range of business sectors
Areas of study include:
- Databases and Computer Networks
- Fundamentals of Computer Science
- Mathematics and Concepts for Computational Thinking
- Principles of Programming and Data Structures
- Decision Support Systems and Data Mining
- Mobile Application Development
- Operational Information Security Management
- Systems Development and Modern Database Practices
- Agile Project Management
- Business Analytics
- Creating a New Business
- Information and Data Systems Undergraduate Project
- Research Methodologies and Emerging Technologies
- Social and Professional Project Management
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Luton Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Applicants with other qualifications and/or work experience will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course