Exercise can be an incredibly powerful tool – whether to drive elite athletic performance or to fight obesity, cancer, depression and a range of other conditions. Our BSc (Hons) Health and Exercise Science programme can help you master how exercise is best used to both treat health conditions, and how to adapt training when a health condition alters a person’s ability to exercise, by blending an understanding of human biology, physiology and psychology. Studying a wide range of units, you will develop an in-depth understanding of the structure and function of the human body, exploring how our health responds to various forms of exercise, as well as how we must adapt training approaches when clinical conditions are present. You’ll get a good grounding in the key scientific principles, before developing higher-level knowledge focused on responses to the physical, psychological and environmental stressors that affect sports, exercise and health. Then, in your final year, you’ll focus on the specialist area that interests you most with a major research project. Join us and you’ll learn in a supportive environment from leading academics, with subject matter that’s shaped by the latest research. What’s more, our new £26m Institute of Sport will give you access to the latest technologies and world-class facilities. So, by the time you graduate, you should have what you need to pursue a range of possibilities in health or sport – with the specialist knowledge and practical skills to really make a difference. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Sport harnesses our expertise across the world of sport from our new £26m state-of-the-art building.
- You will be taught by research active staff, who have varied research specialities across exercise, healthcare conditions and interventions.
- Studying with Manchester Metropolitan Institute of Sport means you’ll have access to outstanding facilities within minutes of Manchester city centre.
- We are also investing heavily in our existing sites at the John Dalton building, Platt Lane Sports Complex and Sugden Sports Centre.
- This course offers a vocational focus, equipping you with a range of practical, transferable skills vital for a future in sport science or healthcare.
- Our academics feed cutting-edge knowledge into the course – whether it’s from their research or their work with Olympic and Paralympic medal-winning athletes.
- You’ll have the option to spend a year getting a taste of professional life, working on placement in a sport or healthcare organisation – building vital workplace skills and practical experience.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills English and GCSE grade C/4 or above in Mathematics or Pass in Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
0161 247 69 69