The mix of broadcasting and online writing in this intensely practical course sharpens the defining elements of cutting-edge journalism. Using industry-standard facilities, you’ll take key roles on all of our media outlets. Why study MA Multimedia Journalism at BU?
- Develop your skills in news writing, TV production, radio production, digital production, photography and web content management
- Gain an in-depth understanding of media regulation, issues with press and broadcasting freedoms and approaches to the role of journalism and journalists, along with ethical dilemmas and professional codes of conduct
- Attend weekly seminars structured in a news day format where you’ll learn how to produce your own radio and TV bulletins and packages
- Produce a portfolio of eye-catching, strikingly original stories to present to potential employers
- Publish your work on The Breaker, the news and features site run by BU’s MA Journalism students
- Benefit from BU’s close industry links through a three-week work placement with a major news organisation.
Multimedia Reporting Skills; Journalism in Global Contexts; Legal and Ethical Context; Digital Journalism; Professional Placement; Journalism Project. Option Units* (choose two): Immersive and Interactive Storytelling; Documentary Journalism; New Media Innovation; Investigative Journalism; Media and Global Challenge. *Please note that option units require minimum numbers in order to run and may only be available on a semester by semester basis. They may also change from year to year.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Broadcast Journalism Training Council
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. If English is not your first language, you'll need IELTS 7.0 (Academic) or above, with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 5.5 in speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£8500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£8500||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Clearing contact detailsMake an enquiry
Future Students Enquiry Team
+44 (0)1202 966777
From Tuesday 4 July: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30. Thursday 17 August: Lines are open 07:00-20:00. Friday 18 August: Lines are open 08:00-18:00. Saturday 19 and Sunday 20 August: Lines are open 10:00-15:00. From Monday 21 August: Lines are open Monday-Thursday, 09:00-17:00, and Fridays 09:00-16:30.