Taught by experts with strong links to the legal profession, this course will provide you with an excellent overview of the field and equip you with the tools and knowledge to tackle real-world issues within the legal sector. Why study LLB (Hons) Law at BU?
- Learn the fundamentals of law as well as the legal skills needed to work effectively with legal sources (case law and legislation)
- Tailor your degree from your second year, selecting units to suit your interests and preferred career path
- Undertake a 30-week work placement which, if it meets the necessary criteria, can count towards a portion of your training contract or qualifying work experience after you graduate. You'll be career ready with 95% of our graduates in employment or completing further study after 15 months. (source DiscoverUni 2022).
- Choose between two pathways in your final year, depending on whether you intend to become a solicitor or prefer to keep your career options open
- Join the Law Society where you can network, socialise, support charity work and, in turn, enhance your CV
- Benefit from field trips, guest lectures and gain practical experience by taking part in Moot Courts and Moot Show Trials
During the Foundation Year, you will study Academic & Professional Practice | Collaborative Communication Project | Understanding Contemporary Britain | Law & Government. As part of the Degree, you will study Legal Skills & Systems; Law of Obligations; Constitutional & EU Law; Criminal Law; Human Rights Law; Property Law as well as choosing option units depending on which pathway you decide to study.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Solicitors Regulation Authority
- Bar Standards Board
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information