Kick-start your professional accounting career on a course that develops industry-ready graduates, with exemptions from professional body exams to speed up the process of becoming a qualified accountant. Gain core knowledge and skills with various modules covering topics such as Corporate Finance, where you will explore the main principles of corporate financial decision-making and their impact on real-world financial decisions. As you progress, Management and Strategy will come into play, introducing the theory and practical aspects of managing organisations and the people who work for them. Other modules include Audit and Forensic Accounting, Strategic Decision Management and Contemporary Issues in Accounting. Our Trading Room simulates what it’s like to work in the financial industry in trading, portfolio management, investment banking, corporate finance and financial or economic analysis. Our close links with employers and professional accounting bodies will give you opportunities to enhance your career prospects. For example, depending on your module choices, you could gain exemptions from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), the Certified Practicing Accountants Australia (CPA), the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA), the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) and the Association of International Accountants (AIA). Key features
- You could gain up to the maximum of nine exemptions from ACCA exams if you choose the appropriate modules and be exempt from up to the first eight exams with CIMA - a great start towards gaining your professional qualification and developing a wealth of industry knowledge to kick-start your career.*
- Benefit from our close links with employers and professional accounting bodies and enhance your career prospects with visiting sessions by industry speakers, work placements and networking events.
- Gain access to the Trading Room, including self-study certifications and online training materials.
- Tailor your degree and develop specialist knowledge from one of our optional modules in your final year: Audit and Forensic Accounting or Contemporary Issues in Accounting.
- Through block teaching, you will focus on one subject at a time instead of several at once. This means that you will be able to focus closely on each subject and absorb your learning material in more depth whilst working more closely with your tutors and course mates.
Year 1 Block 1: Introduction to Financial Accounting Block 2: Introduction to Management Accounting Block 3: Business Analysis Techniques Block 4: Regulatory and Ethical Decision Making Year 2 Block 1: International Financial Reporting and Taxation Block 2: Decision Management Block 3: Corporate Finance Block 4: Digital Environment Year 3 Block 1: Advanced Financial Reporting and Taxation Block 2: Strategic Decision Management Block 3: Advanced Corporate Finance Block 4: Choose one from the below: Audit and Forensic Accounting Contemporary issues in Accounting
You will be taught through a combination of large group sessions, tutorials, online resources and self-directed study. Students are given feedback throughout the course to develop and improve their economic and business strategy skills. Through the use of assessments, emphasis is placed on research and analytical skills. Assessment may include but is not limited to, portfolios of learning, online tests, or exams.
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
- Course does not award QTS
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Leicester Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|