Do you have a passion for enabling all children, whatever their background, to have full access to education? Motivated to help children overcome any barriers to learning that they may face? This unique and innovative course will equip you to become a confident and inspiring teacher with high expectations for all children. And, because the programme has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built-in, you can apply for a position as a teacher the minute you graduate. The University of Warwick provides accreditation for the QTS element of this University of Cumbria programme. COURSE OVERVIEW Develop expertise in teaching children who face barriers to education with this unique specialism. One of the few QTS courses in the country to offer this area as a significant focus, the programme ensures that you develop the skills and knowledge to support the learning and development of all children, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities. Put your passion for social justice into practice by uplifting the achievement and opportunity of traditionally disadvantaged children, training to become a life-changing SEND/Inclusion specialist teacher. ON THIS COURSE YOU WILL...
- Spend at least 24 weeks in school placements, including specialist provision if you choose.
- Develop confidence and expertise based on a comprehensive understanding of the latest developments in inclusive education.
- Be supported by committed and friendly tutors.
- Benefit from small group sizes.
- Have the encouragement of a personal tutor, who will enable you to make the most of your time at university, and help you to overcome any challenges you may meet.
- Inclusive Teaching and Learning modules
- Teaching and Learning in English modules
- Teaching and Learning in Maths modules
- Teaching and Learning in Phonics and early reading modules
- Teaching and Learning in Foundation Subjects
- Teaching and Leaning in SEND and Inclusion
Qualified teacher status (QTS)
To work as a teacher at a state school in England or Wales, you will need to achieve qualified teacher status (QTS). This is offered on this course for the following level:
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE English Language, Maths and Science at C/4 or above
Additional entry requirements
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding