Manufacturing engineering is a fascinating subject. Look around at all the things you are surrounded by – everything that you use, wear, and eat was brought to you by the skills of manufacturing engineers. This BEng (Hons) Advanced Manufacturing degree, located at our Barrow-in-Furness campus is a new and modern course that blends the technical focus of engineering with environmental awareness, management principles and leading-edge IT skills. You will learn how to develop engineering solutions to manufacturing problems using new technologies through innovation and creativity. Course Overview The BEng (Hons) Advanced Manufacturing degree was designed in collaboration with BAE Systems to embed all the employability skills and commercial awareness you will need to launch a successful career. With links to the advanced manufacturing cluster of engineering industries located around Barrow-in-Furness, you will gain practical experience of manufacturing engineering whilst learning how technical engineering is applied in the real world from day one. Manufacturing is a fast-paced and constantly developing global industry. To ensure that your degree is future-proof, we have developed the course to meet the Engineering Council’s most recent ‘Accreditation of Higher Education’ standard (AHEP4). In between years two and three of this degree, you will have the option of taking a year in industry. This is a year-long period of paid work experience that does not count towards your final degree classification. If chosen, this is an excellent opportunity to apply your learning to the world of work, gain industrial training and develop connections within the industry. On this course you will...
- Develop the technical knowledge, and commercial and social awareness, to be ready for an exciting career in engineering.
- Use all your powers of creativity and innovation to make the products, processes and engineering systems of the future.
- Study in a brand-new purpose built facility that has been designed to include all of the modern facilities and equipment you need to make a success of your course.
- Have access to some of the worlds major employers right on your doorstep.
- Study a degree that was designed in collaboration with BAE so that you can be equipped with all of the knowledge and skills that employers really need.
- Have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and boost your employability with an optional, year-long paid work placement as part of your degree.
- Engineering Design
- Integrated Engineering
- Mathematics and Computing
- Principles of Materials and Manufacturing
- Mechatronic Principles – Electrical
- Mechatronic Principles – Mechanical
- Applied Materials and Manufacturing
- Applied Mechatronics – Electrical
- Applied Mechatronics – Mechanical
- Digital Manufacture
- Integrated Engineering 2
- Mathematics and Modelling
- Year in Industry (Optional)
- Advanced Manufacturing Systems
- Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
- Advanced Instrumentation and Control
- Integrated Engineering Project
- Operations Management
How to apply
This course is not accepting applications from students requiring a Student visa. For more information, please contact the course provider.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding