By taking this course, you benefit from an integrated syllabus that brings together business management and the legal framework within which it operates. You study essential aspects of business management including marketing, accounting, human resource management, strategy and project management alongside the fundamentals of business law such as contract law, tort law and intellectual property law. You also learn how to apply theory to real-life situations, making you an efficient and effective manager in any organisational, cultural or social context. Why choose this course?
- Learn in small classes through lectures, seminars and workshops, cementing your learning via group projects, research exercises, presentations and case study analyses
- The combination of business skills and legal knowledge make you attractive to employers across a wide range of organisations. It is also an invaluable preparation if starting your own business
- Gain from the opportunity to work independently on a final-year dissertation, undertaking research in your chosen area
- Take the course over four year and benefit from a fee-free placement year in industry (see below), gaining experience, building your CV and making contacts for the future
- If you need an entry route into degree-level study, start with a Foundation Year (see below), completion of which guarantees you entry to this degree course
- Benefit from a degree which gives you access to careers in general management roles, plus more specialist opportunities in human resources, e-business, operations or project management
• Accounting For Business (AAF016-1) Compulsory • Contract Law (LAW007-1) Compulsory • Foundations Of Business Communication (BBS003-1) Compulsory • Foundations Of Business Management (BBS013-1) Compulsory • Principles Of Marketing (MAR001-1) Compulsory • Business Research Methods (BSS019-2) Compulsory • Economics For Business (AAF036-2) Compulsory • Human Resource Management (SHR018-2) Compulsory • Law Of Tort (LAW002-2) Compulsory • Marketing Planning (MAR002-2) Optional • Sustainable Business Management (BSS017-2) Optional • Company Law (LAW009-3) Compulsory • Digital Business Management (BSS041-3) Compulsory • Intellectual Property Law (LAW015-3) Compulsory • Management And Administration Of Operations (BSS042-3) Compulsory • Specialist Project (Business Management) (BSS045-3) Compulsory • Strategy And Change Management (BSS013-3) Compulsory Every effort is made to ensure this information is accurate at the point of publication on the UCAS website. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to our website.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Bedford Campus
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered. If you would like to check that your qualifications will be accepted please contact the university.
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course