On this conversion course you will learn the principles of tourism marketing management, providing you with a framework to understand business development and marketing planning in an increasingly fast-paced, global industry. Why study MSc Tourism Marketing Management at BU?
- Study at one of the top-ten ranked universities in the world for tourism and hospitality
- Develop a critical understanding of contemporary issues in marketing, question trends and explore the role of IT and social media in destination management and marketing
- Examine the relationships between the customer experience and marketing organisations, research planning, budgeting, marketing strategies and communication
- Choose to complete an optional 30-week work placement to further enhance your employability
- Benefit from experiencing a new country and culture with the option to study a semester abroad
- Learn from specialist, internationally recognised academic staff who are actively involved in research and consultancy, ensuring the curriculum is informed by cutting-edge knowledge and practice.
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate
Core units: The Tourism & Hospitality Industries; Business Strategy & Finance; Tourism Marketing Innovation; eTourism & Digital Marketing; Destinations: Contexts for Tourism & Hospitality; Dissertation. Option units (choose one): Air Transport & Tourism; Conference Tourism; Crisis & Disaster Management; Design for Tourism & Hospitality; Entrepreneurship; Food Design & Marketing; Global Food & Drink; Sport Tourism; Tourism Management & the Natural Environment.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- United Nations World Tourism Organisation
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent. If English is not your first language IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£10250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£10250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£10250||Year 1|