University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview A joint honours degree in English Language and English Literature will provide you with opportunities to develop your all-round understanding of the English language – how it is spoken and written and the literature it has produced. Studying English Literature at Worcester allows you to develop skills in close and creative reading, theoretical concepts and a critical awareness of the relationship between texts and their contexts. English Language at Worcester allows you to see how language shapes our worlds, brings thoughts to life and forms our identities through linguistic and stylistic choices. Key features
- Develop evaluation and reflection of linguistic and stylistic choices
- Study diverse literatures emanating from the sixteenth through to the twenty-first centuries – and encompassing both ‘canonical’ and ‘marginal’ texts
- Clear focus on the socio-cultural aspects of language use and an emphasis on the development of research skills with opportunities to present research outcomes through a student conference in the final year
- Opportunities to play an active role in local and regional literature festivals, related events and a work project module
- Tailor your course to your individual needs with a joint honours degree
For a breakdown of the modules you'll study each year visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
For detailed information about assessment, feedback, teaching and contact time visit our course page. You can do this by scrolling to the bottom of this page and selecting 'Visit our course page'
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
The University of Worcester accepts all qualifications within the Tariff, and normally looks for the equivalent of 3 A levels. More information can be found at http://www.worcester.ac.uk/journey/entry-requirements.html
The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data. For further information, see the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page