OVERVIEW BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing and Business at Norwich University of the Arts (Norwich) is designed for aspiring fashion entrepreneurs and leaders who want to push the global fashion industry forward through creative innovation and new business models. It offers you the opportunity to study a fashion business degree in the inspiring creative surroundings of an independent specialist arts, design, architecture and media institution. The course provides a unique insight into the commercial fundamentals, marketing strategies and core brand development techniques that are used to run the fashion industry today. Our course promotes a culture of innovation, identifying opportunities and presenting big ideas. Throughout the course you will create dynamic marketing campaigns, retail concepts, buying proposals and business plans that will allow you fully understand, create and operate within successful fashion businesses. KEY FEATURES
- Share the first-year curriculum with BA (Hons) Fashion Communication and Promotion, allowing you to study shared core fashion fundamentals including fashion history, contextual awareness, branding, marketing, industry awareness and effective communication techniques
- Build your knowledge of fashion marketing and contextual awareness, developing skills that are sought after by employers. Key areas of study include fashion retail and visual merchandising, buying and merchandising, business models and planning, corporate responsibility and law, and international fashion strategy
- Be introduced to new theories and knowledge through lectures and taught workshops, allowing you to explore new concepts and deepen your industry understanding and skills
- Small group seminars and individual tutorials will provide you with opportunity to share, gain feedback on and progress your work
- Further your studies through independent learning alongside your timetabled sessions
You can find more information about the content of the BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing and Business course at www.nua.ac.uk/ba-hons-fashion-marketing-and-business/
The University assesses you through the coursework you produce as you complete each unit. Each unit will require you to present a portfolio of work which may include finished pieces of work, written work, your research, and a reflective journal which allows you to evaluate your learning and highlight your strengths and areas for further development. You can find out more information about our assessment methods at www.nua.ac.uk/assessment/
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
For Year 2 entry you will need 120 credits at Level 4 from a similar course, or equivalent experience.
Norwich welcomes applicants of all ages from all backgrounds. Your application will be primarily assessed through your portfolio, responses to questions asked and personal statement, so even if you have no formal qualifications or do not meet our typical offers it can still be worth applying. If you are studying at the time of your application and your application is successful it is likely that you will receive a conditional offer. If the qualification that you are studying is not shown, do not worry as we are able to accept other pre-entry qualifications as well as combinations of different qualifications.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Norwich University of the Arts
3-7 Redwell Street
Course contact detailsVisit our course page