University of Cumbria has opted into the TEF and received a Bronze award.
Do you have an interest in education? Are you keen to study aspects of education without committing to becoming a teacher? Do you want to help children and adults to learn in a variety of settings? With BA (Hons) Education Studies (top-up) you can study the subjects associated with education in society. You'll gain a national and international perspective of education and consider elements such as social justice, policy, current issues in education. You'll also have the opportunity to gain some placement experience in a range of settings. This course is ideal if you have already completed a related foundation degree or diploma of higher education. Why Choose University of Cumbria We’ll give you a solid academic grounding, so if you want to progress to further study at masters level or go into primary teaching, you can, because we’ll even support you in achieving the statutory skills tests. You have the opportunity to complete work experience, so all the theory you learn in lectures and seminars will be backed up with first-hand experience. Not only will this boost your confidence, but it’ll bolster your CV.
- Our strong partnership with educational providers helps you to secure placements and enhances your job prospects
- Study in small class groups, so we will get to know you well
- Support from a personal tutor from the start of your studies
- Work-based placements will enhance your academic knowledge and boost your employability
- Boost your professional and employability skills throughout your studies
- Flexibility to follow and research your own interests
- Taught by tutors with education backgrounds to bring real-life experience into your learning
- Study at our London campus, situated in the East End of London
- So, if you’re passionate about education, this is the perfect course for you.
- Education administrator
- Learning mentor
- Teaching assistant
- Careers adviser
- Family support worker
- Museum education officer
- Youth worker
Coursework - may include written tasks and assignments, reports, dissertations, portfolios, project work
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||Tower Hamlets|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||Not accepted|
Foundation Degree or Higher National Diploma in relevant subject
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|