This new inter-disciplinary course is designed to suit the progression and career development of scientists, radiographers, medical physicists, engineers and medical students wishing to intercalate and prepare for a career in radiology. Why study MSc Medical Imaging with Management at BU?
- Medical imaging is a rapidly growing field and is an essential element of modern medicine, playing a key role in the diagnosis and management of disease
- On this course, you’ll develop the skillset needed for a career in advanced medical imaging practice, research and leadership
- Achieve a systematic understanding of cross-sectional imaging, along with the essential leadership and people management skills needed for a career in this specialised field
- Gain a strong understanding and awareness of current clinical practice protocols across a range of medical imaging modalities
- Critically explore technological advancements including data management systems, as well as the imaging techniques, imaging anatomy and skills to recognise clinical abnormalities
- Our new MRI and ultrasound scanners, and other imaging modalities from our local healthcare partners, provide an education and research resource for students on this course.
Core Modules - Cross-sectional Imaging 1 (MRI), Cross-sectional Imaging 2 (CT), Research Methods for Health & Social Care, Managing People, Leadership Essentials, Dissertation. Options - Foundations of Health Information Systems; Systematic Reviewing to Inform Practice
A Bachelors Honours degree with at least 2:2 in a required subject, or equivalent. Appropriate professional qualifications with significant work experience would be considered e.g. Diploma of the college of radiographers.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£10500||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£10500||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£10500||Year 1|
Additional fee information