OVERVIEW By bringing management theory into the practical world, our sports business management degree will help foster the understanding and ability you’ll need for a career in the sport, recreation and leisure industries. Throughout the programme, we’ll encourage you to think creatively, bringing your own ideas to tackle real-life business challenges, from running recruitment campaigns and managing events to developing a marketing strategy and conducting market research. With guest lectures from industry experts and field trips to sports clubs, you’ll meet plenty of professionals working in the sector. And with our connections across sport, we’re ready to help you gain vital experience. You can volunteer for organisations or events in the area, or spend a year studying abroad or working on an industry placement – developing your skills and boosting your career prospects. Once you've graduated, you’ll have everything you need to chart your future in the business of sport – following in the footsteps of some of our other graduates, working for organisations including BBC Sport, England Netball, and British Swimming. FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Learn from the experts – our teaching staff have experience at all levels of sport and work with some of the big organisations in the industry.
- Triple accredited – our business school holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language. With our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme you can gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
- Placement or study abroad flexibility – you will enrol on the three-year course and decide if a placement or overseas study is right for you once you have started your studies, so you don’t have to decide now.
- Enhancing the student experience - the new Manchester Metropolitan University Institute of Sport offers an exceptional student experience, bringing together sport-related education from across the University to deliver a world-leading curriculum in sport, business, management and integrated healthcare disciplines and community health promotion.
- Get involved with industry – attend guest talks and masterclasses, network with recruiters, and go on placement with organisations like Puma, Nike, or JD Sports.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2023.
If you already have a 2023 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course