University of Derby has opted into the TEF and received a Gold award.
The University of Derby was one of the first Higher Education Institutions to be involved in the pilot training programme for Nursing Associates, with over 100 Trainee Nursing Associates starting with the University in January 2017.
- Join a Foundation Degree course with excellent career prospects: 100% of our graduates were employed or continued onto further study on completion of the course
- On successful completion of the programme you wil be able to Register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Nursing Associate
- Gain essential practical experience within all four fields of nursing – Learning Disability, Mental Health, Children’s and Adult
- Benefit from some of the best university facilities of their kind including Clinical Skills Suites and our state-of-the-art Immersive Suites
- Be inspired on a programme with strong approval ratings: in the 2018 National Student Survey 92% were satisfied with this course
- Learn from a highly experienced and enthusiastic teaching team who provide full support to help you achieve your ambitions
Stage one Human Growth and Development across the Lifespan Communication and Working in Teams Providing and Monitoring Nursing Care Promoting Health and Independence Personal and professional development for Nursing Associates Integrated Theory and Practice Stage two Research and Evidence Based Practice Medicines Management Patient centred care for complex health needs Leading and Integrating care Assuring quality and safety of care Applied Theory and Practice
Assessment approaches are varied and include poster presentations, exam, essays, assignments, case based discussions and practical skills assessments. The teaching team includes qualified health professionals with extensive experience of nursing and leadership roles within the NHS as well as nursing education. They have professional interests across children’s, mental health learning disability nursing as well as Occupational therapy and science. Your Programme Leader, Tracey Whitmore, has more than 30 years’ experience as Registered Nurse (Adult) as well as teaching higher education for over 10 years.
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- Nursing and Midwifery Council
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
|UCAS Tariff||80 points||Your offer will be based on your predicted grades from your core A2s (full A levels), BTEC Diploma etc. We will accept up to 16 points towards the total from level 3 qualifications such as AS (where those AS levels are not taken on to A2 level), the Extended Project, or Music qualifications. We usually consider an A Level in General Studies as a supplementary qualification. A good application/performance will be taken into account if you do not meet the criteria / offer.|
|Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma (first teaching from September 2016)||MPP|
|Access to HE Diploma||D: 0 credits M: 30 credits P: 15 credits||Pass Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits with 45 at Level 3|
|GCSE/National 4/National 5||GCSE Maths and English or equivalent qualifications|
Additional entry requirements
Criminal records declaration (DBS/Disclosure Scotland)
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 6.0; with at least IELTS 5.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Derby