Course overview Our BSc Software Engineering course will give you the skills you need to thrive in the digital revolution. Study a subject that is in high demand in industry. Why study with us
- This course has accreditations leading to MBCS and CITP exemption from The British Computer Society (BCS), The Chartered Institute for IT. All graduates from this course are eligible to become Professional members (MBCS), with no further assessment.
- You also have the option of a placement in industry in-between your second and third years, enabling you to consolidate your learning and boost your career prospects.
- You’ll love our Computing Challenge competition, where you’ll work in teams to design, develop and market your own app.
- You’ll develop software development skills, combined with modelling, problem-solving and professional skills.
- Apply your software development skills to the challenge of developing interactive games using 3D graphics.
- Learn to programme effectively in Java, C++, and C#, use leading database management systems, study communications and networks, and apply Agile project management skills.
- The BCS are the professional body for computing and provide recognition for professionals in the IT industry. This course has accreditation leading to BCS Professional Member (MBCS), Certified Information Technology Professional (CITP) and partial CEng exemption from the BCS.
- We are an Educational Member of the British Computer Society providing benefits to our students such a free BCS membership for the duration of their Computer Science course. This help connections with the tech industry through BCS mentors, enables access to bespoke events with industry experts, as well as interactive career tools include CV writer, interview simulator, personal assessments and e-learning.
Please visit The University of Central Lancashire’s website for the latest information about our modules.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||with no component score less than 5.5 (To have been taken within two years of the course commencement date)|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|