If you want to contribute towards transforming medicine and social care then our MSc Biomedical Engineering degree is for you. As well as playing a key role in our efforts to live healthier, longer, and happier lives, technology improves diagnostics, treatments and management of many health problems. This course will give you an opportunity to develop advanced specialist knowledge in these areas combined with essential research skills. Why study Biomedical Engineering?
- one of the fastest growing engineering disciplines
- graduate with a comprehensive and focused body of knowledge
- benefit from expert tuition and top-of-the-range facilities
- tailor-make your studies with an array of optional modules
- develop contacts with major technology companies and healtcare start-ups.
- Employment-focused degree
- basic understanding of biosignals and their processing, typical and range of values
- a range of Healthcare technologies for diagnostics, treatments, lifestyle management and digital health
- understanding of the statistical concepts and limits of various technologies used in medicine
- regulatory, ethical and governance issues around Healthcare Technology.
You should have an honours degree (at least 2:2) in electrical/electronic engineering, biomedical engineering, or in a computing subject. Applicants with other qualifications will be considered, provided they can demonstrate significant, relevant work experience and the ability to benefit fully from the course. The key considerations for admissions in these cases will be focused on length of service in specified and relevant roles to the course, cogent motivations in line with a career plan and demonstration of transferable skills applicable to this course.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of West London
St Mary's Road
Course contact detailsVisit our course page