Mechanical Engineering at Kent will give you the skills and knowledge to work at the forefront of major areas of engineering, combining theory with practical and project work. Turn ideas into real systems and shape modern society. Reasons to study BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering at Kent
- Take a placement year to help boost your career skills and get paid doing it
- Study all aspects of mechanical engineering from 3D design and advanced manufacturing to advanced robotics and heat transfer
- Strong links with the Royal Academy of Engineering and the Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)
- Tailor the course to match your interests and future career plans
- First-class facilities to support your development including mechanical workshops, 3D printing, robotic kits and much more!
- Graduates have gone on to a wide range of careers from aerospace and automotive industries to medical engineering and government agencies
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
- Year 2
Entry requirements for advanced entry (i.e. into Year 2 and beyond)
Direct entry into Year 2 of this programme is considered on a case by case basis.
English language requirements
Applicants should have grade C or 4 in English Language GCSE or a suitable equivalent level qualification.
Please visit our website for further information:
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
University of Kent
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Course contact detailsVisit our course page