University of Worcester has opted into the TEF and received a Silver award.
Overview Working in an education environment to develop learning is vital if children and young people are to achieve their potential. Whilst studying this foundation degree you will explore some of the factors that can influence learners' progress exploring specific influences on the learner as well as how the environment and curriculum support their development. As a result you will have the knowledge and skills needed to act to make a significant difference to learners' outcomes. As work based practice is a key part of this course you have the potential to earn whilst you learn. You will study with likeminded people across a range of other related professional roles based in your own community. This University of Worcester award is delivered by the partner institution The Learning Institute. Delivery venues range across Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Gloucestershire, London and Somerset, (though not on the University of Worcester campus). The running of the degree and of individual groups will be subject to minimum numbers. The partnership between the University of Worcester and the Learning Institute is well established and has been recently reviewed in 2017 resulting in the latest suite of new awards on offer.
- Subject to approval
- The use of weekly learning sessions, either face-to-face learning in local venues or online, enabling you to balance study, work and home demands.
- Local delivery in a study group supports you to be successful in your study.
- A requirement of attendance at two weekend (Friday evening and Saturday daytime) study sessions each year is structured to support you to engage with students on your course from across the country.
- Work based learning provides you with a key opportunity to connect your academic and professional learning with the expectation that students have access to 10 hours per week across the study year.
- You will share your study with students across a small number of interrelated programmes.
- There is the opportunity to progress to a BA top-up on completion.
- The course can be used to support you on your route into teacher training.
How to apply
If your application is completed by the following date, it’s guaranteed to be considered:
15 January*If you apply after this deadline, universities or colleges don’t have to consider your application if they’ve filled their spaces, so the sooner you apply, the better!
You will need these codes when you add a choice to your application.
|Campus name||The Learning Institute|
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
|UCAS Tariff||32 points|
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250*||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250*||Year 1|
*This is a provisional fee and subject to change.
Additional fee information
University of Worcester
Clearing contact details
Clearing Contact Details
Course contact detailsVisit our course page