Course information A fun and fast dance training programme covering all aspects of contemporary dance for students intent on going to university to pursue a career as a professional dance, choreographer or dance instructor. Through high levels of contact time, one-to-one coaching, daily dance practice, regular performances and applications guidance, we are dedicated to helping you secure a place to study dance at degree level. Our streamlined curriculum provides the all-round experience needed to stand out and succeed in this highly competitive industry. Over the three terms you spend with us, you will grow in confidence as a performer, choreographer and practitioner, improving your dance technique, knowledge, performance and physical abilities. Contemporary dance is a key component to our course as we believe it explores the connection between mind and body, using natural energy along with strong knowledge of technique, vocabulary, and repertoire. Contemporary dancers can come from many training backgrounds, making it very accessible to classical ballet dancers and break dancers alike. On our Dance Foundation, our goal is to help you grow and progress as both a performer and potential director of dance performance. You will learn about multiple dance styles, but perhaps more importantly develop as an individual – physically, emotionally and intellectually. Our work is designed to improve confidence, performance, physical and mental stamina, openness, focus, willingness to explore and experiment, intuition and instinct, self-discipline and motivation.
- The Foundation programme is modelled on a first-year Conservatoire-style intensive dance training programme.
- Across all programmes we guarantee you 5 days a week contact time - more than almost any other college or university.
- Every week you will be timetabled one-on-one tuition to address your individual needs or help develop your audition pieces.
- Class groups are small, on average no more than 15 students to one lecturer, allowing for intensive work that can be adapted to meet your needs, together with personalised feedback and guidance.
- Highly trained specialist teaching staff with professional experience of film, TV and theatre.
- Guest dance instructors will lead sessions in well-known techniques and contact improvisation.
- High-quality facilities include specialist sprung flooring designed for dance, climate-controlled studios and a black box theatre.
- Develop real-world skills which will be invaluable throughout your career.
Successful completion of Secondary Education (Grade 11 or Grade 12 depending on native country) or 1 x A level or an equivalent Level 3 qualification and 3 x GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent overseas qualification, preferably in a relevant creative subject. Students who do not meet these entry requirements will still be considered on their own individual potential to succeed. IELTS 4.5+ (no element under 4.0). Audition is required.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Successful completion of Secondary Education (Grade 11 or Grade 12 depending on native country) or 1 x A level or an equivalent Level 3 qualification and 3 x GCSEs at grade 4 or C or equivalent overseas qualifiction, preferably in a relevant creative subject. Students who do not meet these entry requirements will still be considered on their own individual potential to succeed.
Additional entry requirements
English language requirements
IELTS 4.5+ (no element under 4.0)
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Please note that there are no government grants for funding for this course. Students will need to be privately financed.