Course Overview Are you passionate about making a positive impact on the planet? Our MSc Environmental Sustainability course is your gateway to mastering the knowledge and skills needed to tackle pressing global challenges. You'll draw upon local, national and international insights to help you lead a change towards a more sustainable future. The rapid pace of change to our climate and the development of sustainable policy demands an education that stays ahead of the curve. Thanks to our research-active staff, you'll benefit from unparalleled expertise at the forefront of the sector. Our cross-disciplinary approach will also empower you with insights that resonate across governmental, corporate, and societal structures, aligning your skills with real-world needs. The course prepares you for a range of careers in research in private, public (governmental) or charitable sectors. You'll be able to combine scientific, policy and managerial practices in implementing effective environmental strategies. Features and Benefits
- Research-led teaching - 100%of our research impact is world-leading or internationally excellent (REF 2021), ensuring that your learning is at the forefront of development with the environmental sustainability sector.
- Gain a global perspective - Our curriculum is tuned to address the needs of global populations, connecting policy and solutions with governmental and corporate frameworks.
- Cutting edge facilities - We've invested over £115 million to transform our science and engineering campus into a space to thrive. Opening in 2024, our new Dalton building provides a professional study environment equipped with dynamic learning spaces, world-class teaching and research facilities and collaborative study zones to further prepare you for your future career.
- Join a passionate community - By choosing our MSc in Envrionmental Sustainability, you're not just selecting a course, you're becoming part of a community committed to driving change. Be prepared to engage, innovate, and lead in a class of like-minded passionate sustainability advocates.
- Paving the way for sustainable universities - Manchester Met has bee named as one of the UK's leading sustainable universities in the People and Planet University League 2022/2023, having maintained a top-three ranking since 2013.
- Pioneers in Carbon Literacy in Higher Education – Our Department of Natural Sciences is a certified Carbon Literacy Training Organisation, helping our students and staff to make a real change in the way we tackle climate change.
- Career support – Throughout your studies, we’ll help you boost your employability and secure graduate employment through our Careers and Employability service.
- Freedom to specialise – Develop expertise in your chosen area through a hands-on masters dissertation project, setting the stage for research or impactful roles in the public, private, or charitable sectors.
You’ll need a UK honours degree – at least a 2:2 – or the international equivalent, in a relevant subject. Professional experience will also be considered for mature students. Overseas applicants will require IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with no less than 5.5 in any category, or an equivalent accepted English qualification.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course