This course will prepare you with advanced knowledge and skills to lead on disaster management. Learn risk reduction, resilience strategies and develop major incident management systems that respond to, and help recovery from a range of disasters. Why study MSc Disaster Management at BU?
- Learn at one of the leading providers of Disaster Management training and education both in the UK and overseas
- Develop knowledge and skills from a broad range of organisations, such as government agencies, international industries, and emergency services, required for future leaders
- Acquire critical understanding of risk reduction and resilience strategies to enable to you respond and help recover disasters when they occur
- Flexible learning options, including a choice of full-time or part-time study
- Blended course delivery enabling you to conduct your learning from anywhere in the world.
The core units study include: Developing Policies and Plans; Management of Communication and Learning and Dissertation. Optional units are: Management of Man-Made Disasters and Security Threats; Management of Natural Hazards; Humanitarian Operations and External Assistance; Management of Wider Stakeholders; Public Health Preparedness Resilience and Response; Foreign Policy Analysis and Crisis Management and Disaster Management for Business Professionals.
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject or equivalent. If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with minimum 6.5 in writing and 6.0 in all other components.
English language requirements
IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9690||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9690||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9690||Year 1|