The only course of its kind in the UK, our degree offers a clear path to working in the football industry and meets the growing demand for highly knowledgeable and skilled multimedia journalists. Combine your passion for football with high level journalism skills on the only course of its kind in the country.
- We have teamed up with Derby County Football Club Women to offer three full tuition fee scholarships for women starting this course in 2023, find out more now.
- Join the next generation of talented football journalists at a time when interest in the ‘beautiful game’ has never been higher
- Enjoy substantial practical experience of researching and producing powerful print, radio, TV and online football stories.
- Get to grips with the latest techniques and technologies which are transforming journalism in an era of digital news
- Learn about the culture, history and practice of the football industry and the media that surrounds it
- Gain invaluable insights through work placements within football and media organisations
- Benefit from our outstanding facilities which include TV and radio studios as well as a fully equipped newsroom
- Build the core practical and intellectual skills of a journalist so that you’re also equipped for a broad range of media careers beyond the world of sport
- A degree which offers you a clearly defined path to working in the football industry and meets the growing demand for highly knowledgeable, highly skilled multimedia journalists.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Additional entry requirements
English language requirements
IELTS overall score at a minimum of 7.0; with at least IELTS 6.5 in each band (Reading, Listening, Speaking, Writing) or another Secure English Language Test(SELT)at CEFR level B2 or above
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding