**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary
- Develop the skills to design and secure complex information systems.
- Learn to respond appropriately to security incidents by gathering evidence and gaining an understanding of the legal and regulatory environment around complex information systems.
- Use the latest digital forensics software and technologies, employed in industry including Encase, Magnet Axiom and IEF, FTK, X-Ways, Nuix, Cellebrite UFED Physical Analyser and UFED 4PC.
- Have the opportunity to gain industry certifications such as the Cellebrite Certified Operator (CCO) certification and the Nuix Workstation Forensics Practitioner Foundations and Core certifications.
- All our courses are designed around a set of key principles based on engaging you with the world, collaborating with others, challenging you to think in new ways, and providing you with a supportive environment in which you can thrive.
- You will gain practical experience by installing, configuring, securing and troubleshooting a range of computer systems and networking technologies. You will assess systems for vulnerabilities and detect network intrusions. You will analyze and interpret digital evidence, collected from computers and mobile devices, providing reports to the clients.
- practical tutorial sessions
Year 1 Compulsory modules Computer Systems And Architecture 20 Introduction To Computer And Information Security 20 Mathematics And Cryptography 20 Networking Fundamentals 20 Professionalism And Employability Skills 20 Programming Fundamentals 20 Year 2 Compulsory modules Database Administration And Security 20 Digital Forensics 20 Network Intrusion Detection 20 Network Services And Administration 20 Project Based Learning 20 Secure Networking Technologies 20 Year 3 Compulsory modules Placement Year - Final year Compulsory modules Computer Forensics Expert Witness 20 Information Security Management 20 Investigative Forensics 20 Project (Network, Cyber And Forensics) 40 Elective modules Enterprise Applications Management 20 Offensive Forensics 20
Coursework Exams Practical
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT
How to apply
This course has limited vacancies, and is no longer accepting applications from some students. See the list below for where you normally live, to check if you’re eligible to apply.
Republic of Ireland
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
To find the clearing entry criteria for this course, please visit our online prospectus Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 or over at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.|
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533