**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary
- Develop the skills to design and secure complex information systems.
- Learn to respond appropriately to security incidents by gathering evidence.
- Understand the legal and regulatory environment around complex information systems.
- Study the principles employed in cyber security and digital forensics.
- Use the latest digital forensics software and technologies employed in industry.
- hands-on lab sessions and tutorials
- regular feedback
- teamwork and group-based learning
- practice-based applied learning
- access to our unique student support triangle to help with your personal, academic and career development
- access to our Skills Centre with one to ones, webinars and online resources, where you can get help with planning and structuring your assignments
- industry-specific employability activities such as live projects, learning in simulated environments and networking opportunities
Year 1 - Compulsory modules Computer Systems And Architecture Introduction To Computer And Information Security Mathematics And Cryptography Networking Fundamentals Professionalism And Employability Skills Programming Fundamentals Year 2 - Compulsory modules Database Administration And Security Digital Forensics Network Intrusion Detection Network Services And Administration Project Based Learning Secure Networking Technologies Year 3 - Compulsory modules Placement Year Final year - Compulsory modules Cyber Forensics Expert Witness Information Security Management Investigative Forensics Project (Network, Cyber And Forensics) Elective modules Enterprise Applications Management Offensive Forensics
Coursework Exams Practical
Professionally accredited courses provide industry-wide recognition of the quality of your qualification.
- BCS - The Chartered Institute for IT
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
This course may be available at alternative locations, please check if other course options are available
We may be flexible in our normal offer if you can show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience. This must show that you will benefit from and finish the course successfully. Please note the University will only admit students who are aged 18 at the point of enrolment.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills or equivalent.|
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533