**Please note that the information provided relates to the current academic year and is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University. Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information.** Course summary:
- Help your students to understand complex academic discourse.
- Understand student transitions as they access higher education, study specific disciplines and tackle academic culture.
- Critique learning approaches and the role of the EAP practitioner.
- Apply a syllabus informed by the BALEAP competency framework.
- Progress in your teaching and educational management career with a postgraduate qualification and transferable academic credit.
- watching screencasts
- reading recommended texts
- taking part in online discussion
- independent and small group work
- conducting analyses
- focusing on your own topics of interest
- reporting writing
- close supervision with a university academic
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. Compulsory modules Advanced Professional Certificate In Teaching English For Academic Purposes (Teap)
Two years of general English classroom-teaching experience. Working or planning to work in a HE, FE or related educational contexts.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Sheffield Hallam University
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Student Recruitment Operations Team
(+44) 0114 225 5533