Manchester Metropolitan University is committed to engaging with the Turing programme, the newly announced UK government scheme to support students to study and work abroad. All study abroad opportunities are subject to application, international travel restrictions and availability. Find out more at mmu.ac.uk/exchange Overview The world of business is full of opportunities. So where do you start? This combined honours course will give you the practical language skills while also developing your understanding of the social and cultural environment in which it is spoken. You’ll also study units ranging from consultancy to enterprise, helping you find your calling in international business. Business This degree includes everything you could want from a business degree, from expertise in our research areas of sustainability, strategy, and enterprise to events like our leadership series of guest lectures. French In both the private and public sectors, there is demand for professionals with strong language skills who can work in culturally diverse environments. Studying French at Manchester Met will give you the opportunity to learn from native speakers. Our languages department have created their own multi-cultural community, including British, exchange and international students, along with foreign language assistants, allowing you to be absorbed into the everyday use of your chosen language. We have been providing professional language courses for more than 30 years and our staff are nationally, and in many cases internationally, recognised experts in their field. Our strong local, national and global links will help to enhance your study and future employment opportunities. If you take French as a major or equal subject you will be required to spend your third year abroad in France. If French is your minor subject, the course will be three years with no study abroad. Features and Benefits
- Business expertise – our researchers also teach on our courses, so you’ll have the latest insight from the people informing policy and consulting with organisations.
- Language Resource Centre – equipped with a suite of PCs with voice recognition software for language training, social learning spaces, and multimedia and audio language learning laboratories.
- Language expertise – The majority of our 30+ academic, research and support staff are native speakers of French, German, Italian, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, and Japanese. We also have multiple connections with language groups across Manchester to ensure you can converse in your chosen language.
- Experience the world – you will have the opportunity to spend your third year studying overseas or on placement.
- Triple accredited – our Business School holds the globally recognised trio of accreditations from EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA, placing us among the best business schools in the world.
- Enhance your employability – through activities including internships, volunteering or learning a new language, our award-winning ‘Rise at Manchester Met’ programme encourages you to learn career-ready skills beyond the focus of your course and potentially gain extra academic credits towards your degree.
How to apply
You can no longer submit a new application for courses starting in 2022.
If you already have a 2022 application and are in Clearing, you can add this course as a Clearing choice – contact the university or college first to check they have places.
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
GCSE grade C/4 in English Language or Level 2 Functional Skills English pass and GCSE grade C/4 in Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills Mathematics pass
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
No fee information has been provided for this course
Additional fee information
Manchester Metropolitan University
All Saints Building