To meet the increasing demand for MSc students to have industry experience, we have introduced this new two-year MSc programme. Designed for graduates of the highest calibre the MSc will develop advanced knowledge and skills and give you the opportunity to put your knowledge into practice through valuable work experience during a one year industrial placement. The MSc in Advanced Computer Science is intended for graduates who already have a first degree in Computer Science or a closely related subject, and who wish to extend the knowledge gained in their undergraduate study with more advanced specialised material reflecting current research at the “cutting-edge” of the discipline. This programme is accredited by the British Computer Society as follows:
- BCS The Chartered Institute for IT
- CITP (Chartered IT Professional) with Further Learning Elements
- Partial CSci accreditation
- Partial CEng accreditation.
- Undertaking the project work in an industrial setting
- Applying theory learnt in the classroom to real-world practice
- Developing communications and interpersonal skills Building networks and knowledge which will be invaluable throughout your career.
The minimum entry requirement is a 2:1 honours degree (or above) in Computer Science or a closely related subject. International Qualifications Applications from international students are welcome. International qualifications will be evaluated in line with the National Recognition Information Centre (NARIC) guidelines.
Fees and funding