OVERVIEW User Experience Design at Norwich University of the Arts (Norwich) is a forward-facing contemporary Communication Design degree in which you will create interactive products including websites and app prototypes, digital imagery, video and motion graphics, and designed research outputs. You will explore the technologies and people involved in providing the systems and services behind the interfaces and investigate the different ways users experience a design depending on their circumstances. You will identify users’ goals and needs and map their emotional journeys. User research, user interface design, copywriting, typography, motion, and interaction design will all feature in the work you make. As a UX Design student at Norwich, you join students from the other graphics courses in an industry-rich, employer-focused curriculum that places engagement with professional designers and agencies right at the heart of the course. Your opportunities to meet and work with industry, in a wide variety of ways, are unparalleled. YEAR 0 This course includes a Year 0, which promotes developing practical, technical and creative skills and confidence. Building on your prior experience, you will be introduced to some of our workshops to assist your skill development, with an increasing emphasis on professional standards and independent study. The course places emphasis on your personal commitment to study, while supporting you in your progression. KEY FEATURES
- Share your first year, and then continue to work alongside graphics students, allowing for a unique cross fertilisation of knowledge, skills and experience.
- Become adept at problem-solving through understanding and deciphering project briefs, conducting discovery research, generating ideas, developing prototypes, testing, and iterating these into successful concepts, and presenting the final work.
- Participate in workshops and classes run by external professionals, undertake project briefs initiated and taught by designers from industry, and enter national and international design competitions judged by the design industry.
- Industry engagement including portfolio reviews and surgeries, talks from practising alumni focused on portfolio development and employability, interview practice and graduate portfolio showcase events.
- Develop your project management, communication and collaborative working skills so that you leave with a standout CV and portfolio.
You can find more information about the content of the BSc (Hons) User Experience Design (including Year 0) course at www.nua.ac.uk/4-year-degrees/
The University assesses you through the coursework you produce as you complete each unit. Each unit will require you to present a portfolio of work which may include finished pieces of work, written work, your research, and a reflective journal which allows you to evaluate your learning and highlight your strengths and areas for further development. You can find out more information about our assessment methods at www.nua.ac.uk/assessment/
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Norwich University of the Arts
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
Norwich welcomes applicants of all ages from all backgrounds. Your application will be primarily assessed through your portfolio, responses to questions asked and personal statement, so even if you have no formal qualifications or do not meet our typical offers it can still be worth applying. If you are studying at the time of your application and your application is successful it is likely that you will receive a conditional offer. If the qualification that you are studying is not shown, do not worry as we are able to accept other pre-entry qualifications as well as combinations of different qualifications.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Once you have applied to BSc (Hons) User Experience Design with Diploma in Creative Professional Development (including Year 0) at Norwich, we will ask you to prepare a portfolio. This will be used to assess your suitability for the course. Your portfolio should clearly demonstrate your passion for the subject and your individual creativity. For more information please visit our website at www.nua.ac.uk/bsc-hons-user-experience-design/#tabs-portfolio-guidance
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Norwich University of the Arts
3-7 Redwell Street
Course contact detailsVisit our course page