Please check the Sheffield Hallam University website for the latest information. Course summary
- Learn how to provide in-depth cyber defences.
- Develop your knowledge of network and application cyber security.
- Understand the principles behind the tools and techniques used to secure data.
- Create complex technical solutions to real-world security problems.
- hands-on lab sessions and tutorials
- regular feedback
- teamwork and group-based learning
- practice-based applied learning
- access to our unique student support triangle to help with your personal, academic and career development
- access to our Skills Centre with one to ones, webinars and online resources, where you can get help with planning and structuring your assignments
- industry-specific employability activities such as live projects, learning in simulated environments and networking opportunities
Module and assessment information for future years is displayed as currently validated and may be liable to change. When selecting electives, your choices will be subject to the core requirements of the course. As a result, selections may be limited to a choice between one of two or more specified electives in some instances. You will be able to complete a placement year as part of this course. See the modules table below for further information. Year 1 Compulsory modules Computer Systems And Networks Introduction To Cyber Security, Maths And Cryptography Professionalism And Employability Software Development Year 2 Compulsory modules Database Administration And Security Ethical Hacking And Intrusion Detection Project Based Learning Secure Network Services And Administration Year 3 Optional modules Placement Year Final year Compulsory modules Advanced Penetration Testing And Information Security Management Enterprise Applications Management Project (Cyber Security And Networks) Elective modules Blockchain And Iot Security Data Storage Offensive Forensics
Coursework Exam Practical
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
Please select a course option – you will then see the application code you need to use to apply for the course.
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
We welcome applications from people of any age. We may be flexible in our normal offer if you can show a commitment to succeed and have the relevant skills and experience. This must show that you will benefit from and finish the course successfully.
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
Additional entry requirements
Please note that this information is subject to change without notice by Sheffield Hallam University.
English language requirements
|IELTS (Academic)||6||With a minimum of 5.5 in all skills.|
If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in all skills, or equivalent. If your English language skill is currently below IELTS 6.0 we recommend you consider a Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve an equivalent English score.
Please click the following link to find out more about English language requirements for this course
There is no data available for this course. For further information visit the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Scholarships, discounts and bursaries may be available to students who study this course.