Our degree will help you perform with confidence, character and style while allowing you to explore design and management roles relating to the musical theatre industry. You’ll study all three disciplines of dance, singing and acting, and develop ensemble production skills working in a performance environment alongside other students specialising in music, and technical production. To develop an in-depth understanding of musical theatre you’ll have the opportunity to study stage management and theatre design. Each year will culminate in a musical theatre event, which will enable you to showcase your talents, and you’ll be guided through your studies by an array of campus-based lecturers and associate tutors with fantastic industry links. As well as being able to present yourself as a performer, you’ll have the potential to tackle anything from leading a community youth workshop to calling a show or managing an arts project. Top reasons to study with us
- You’ll be taught by tutors with professional experience in national and international performance productions.
- On-site we have two dedicated performing arts venues, a converted church with amazing acoustics, and a contemporary full-size black box theatre complete with the latest lighting rig and sound system.
- Canterbury is a creative and cultural hot spot. With the contemporary Marlowe Theatre and the annual Canterbury Festival - Kent’s international arts festival – you will be able to immerse yourself in the world of musical theatre both in the University and outside.
- Studio 1 – is a modern studio equipped with theatre standard drapes, a lighting rig, and sound system. It contains a state-of-the-art professional standard technical booth for controlling lighting and sound, providing a superb view of the studio.
- Studio 2 – is a flexible space, equipped with sprung floor, mirrors, sound system and full soundproofing.
For a list of core and likely optional modules, please visit our website.
How to apply
This is the deadline for applications to be completed and sent for this course. If the university or college still has places available you can apply after this date, but your application is not guaranteed to be considered.
- Course code:
- Institution code:
- Campus name:
- Main Site
- Campus code:
Points of entry
The following entry points are available for this course:
- Year 1
Please click the following link to find out more about qualification requirements for this course
The student satisfaction data is from students surveyed during the Covid-19 pandemic. The number of student respondents and response rates can be important in interpreting the data – it is important to note your experience may be different from theirs. This data will be based on the subject area rather than the specific course. Read more about this data on the Discover Uni website.
Fees and funding
|Northern Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
|Channel Islands||£9250||Year 1|
|Republic of Ireland||£9250||Year 1|
Additional fee information
Canterbury Christ Church University
North Holmes Road
Clearing contact detailsClearing Enquiry Form
Clearing Enquiry Service
Course contact detailsVisit our course page
Course Enquiry Team